Sunday 9 March 2008

The Kite Runner


Being an avid book reader I thought it would be nice to keep a record of my 'conquests' on my blog. The latest book I have read is the Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini. I was trying to avoid this book because of all the hype and the recent film but it was chosen as the book group book for March - and I am really glad it was.

This book was brilliant and is definitely my book of the year so far. It charts the lives of two very different boys from Afghanistan. I will be very interested to see what the rest of the group think as we all usually have very contrasting opinions on the material we choose.

I was so impressed by this book I really want to see the film adaptation now - I usually avoid films of books I love like the plague but I am interested to see how this one translates.

Overall I give The Kite Runner 9 out of 10.

Next book - The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold.

No comments: